Our bodies are naturally detoxifying. However, a juice cleanse helps support this process by getting rid of excess sugar from our diet, eliminating cravings for refined foods, caffeine and other food items that reduces our energy levels. Optimum energy level is needed for a productive life as well as to jumpstart a healthy way of eating (clean eating). We recommend a 3 to 7 day juice cleanse to help transition into clean eating.
A juice cleanse should only be done for a short period in order to reap its full benefits. You should not exceed a 10 day period for a juice cleanse and only go back to juicing after a minimum 2 week break.
How to juice cleanse?
Pre- cleanse guide
Do not consume refined sugars, processed foods, alcohol, nicotine and other unhealthy substance 1 to 3 days before the cleanse to reduce common symptoms associated with a juice cleanse such as headaches, cravings and other withdrawal symptoms. Increase your intake of whole and natural foods during pre-cleanse.
- See our juice cleanse menu guide for the various options: Budget friendly, silver, gold, platinum and pineapple allergen. 6 juices per day for 3,5,7 or 10 days. You can cleanse once a month or once every 3 months for detox.
- Start your cleanse day with any of our health shots. Opt for the morning glory or system cleanser. Alternatively warm water and apple cider vinegar (ACV) will help alkalize your body. (1-cup water to 2 tablespoons ACV).
- 8am to 9am- green vegetable juice
- 10:30am to 11:30am – juice
- 1pm to 2pm – juice
- 3pm to 4pm – mixed vegetable and fruit juice
- 5 to 6pm – juice
- 6pm-8pm – fresh plant based milk
- Final juice should be at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- Include room temperature water as part of your cleanse. Up to 2 litres to help get things moving!
- Drink juices slowly to optimize absorption of nutrients.
- If hunger pangs persist, or are uncomfortable, allow yourself a portion of vegetable soup or a piece of fruit (recommended clean eats fibre bowl) or small salad (recommended clean eats mini pack salad with shredded chicken breast or egg (dressing: olive oil) each day for lunch or dinner.
- Break your fast by transitioning into a clean eating meal plan with controlled portions. (Meal Plans available in store).
- During a cleanse listen to your body. Refrain from intense exercise if you must. Opt for low impact exercises that improve blood circulation such as walks, stretches, etc. Massages will also help relax the body to further enhance the detoxification process.
- Keep stress levels to a minimum for an overall effective detox. Aim to align your mind, body and spirit!!!
Benefits to expect during or after a Juice Cleanse
- Enhanced weight loss
- Bloating eliminated
- More energy
- Clear bright skin
- Powerful workouts
- Deeper sleep
- Stronger immune system
PINEAPPLE GREEN TEANI
While we strongly believe that supercharging the body with essential nutrients has profound ability to optimize health, we are not medical professionals. For individuals with medical concerns, minors, pregnant, breast feeding women or other known health issues, we strongly recommend seeking professional medical guidance before making any changes to your diet. Although many individuals lose weight on a raw juice cleanse, cleansing is not intended to serve as a method for weight loss.